FREE two hour introductory lessons in canoeing and kayaking
Don’t Miss the 2014 Illinois Paddlesports Festival!
The 6th Annual Illinois Paddlesports Festival will take place on the 2nd WEEKEND IN JUNE, June 14 & 15, 2014 in Aurora’s beautiful Phillips Park on Mastodon Lake. Free Admission! We pack a lot of paddling fun and action into two full days! Take a FREE canoe or kayak lesson, if you’re thinking about buying a boat try out the latest paddle craft from local retailers and check out the skills competitions! Stay overnight on-site with free camping (IPF participants only) . The Illinois Paddlesports Festival is sponsored by the Illinois Paddling Council and the City of Aurora.
Enjoy live music, food and beverages, our companion “Art in the Park” Festival and more! This fun-filled, family friendly weekend of paddling activities is designed to attract novices and experienced paddlers alike.
The Two-day Illinois Paddlesports Festival Will Feature:
- Free Festival Admission
- 2-hour Canoe and Kayak Lessons
- Major local paddlesports retailers exhibiting in one place offering Festival discount deals!
- Demo the latest boats – see and try a wide variety of paddle craft ($10 per person/day fee and waiver required)
- River and conservation organization’s exhibits
- Demonstrations of Advanced Paddling Skills & Expertise
- Rent a canoe and kayak and paddle on Mastodon Lake for a low festival discount price
- Free On-site Overnight Camping for Festival participants
- Advanced Skills Lessons for the seasoned paddler
- Skills Competitions for all paddlers
- Art in the Park Festival
- Includes: Art Exhibit & Sale, Wine Tasting event, Music and More!
- Food & Beverage Vendor
You’ll see the best and newest in outdoor sports equipment offered by our exhibitors and major paddlesports equipment manufacturers. Check out displays, and exhibits by various paddling clubs, river and nature conservation organizations.